Friday, July 07, 2006

A Classy Dude

I have a habit of reading Wikipedia when I'm on the interwub and it takes me to all kinds of interesting topics. Did you know Bobby McFerrin ISN'T dead like everyone thinks? he's still doin all kinds of stuff. He was even on Family Guy. This isn't the point. This is a little speechy that Mr. Rogers gave in Supreme Court o nthe subject of VCRs. I think this statement would apply to all kinds of media usage. I bet all the copyright fanatics over at www.boingboing.net would go bonkers over this quote except they seem seem to hate Christians pretty bad so maybe not.

"Some public stations, as well as commercial stations, program the 'Neighborhood' at hours when some children cannot use it ... I have always felt that with the advent of all of this new technology that allows people to tape the 'Neighborhood' off-the-air, and I'm speaking for the 'Neighborhood' because that's what I produce, that they then become much more active in the programming of their family's television life. Very frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others. My whole approach in broadcasting has always been 'You are an important person just the way you are. You can make healthy decisions.' Maybe I'm going on too long, but I just feel that anything that allows a person to be more active in the control of his or her life, in a healthy way, is important."


And that's that. Rock and roll Mr. Rogers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt X said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Mr. Rogers is one hardcore Mofo.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home