Thursday, March 23, 2006

News update

Well the 3 year anniversary show went quite well, I gave away 4 or 5 maybe 6 CD’s 4 tshirts, a glow in the dark sticker sheet and the grand prize of a framed and autographed Lt. Uhura (Nichelle Nichols 8 X 10 glossy photo went to Ben Elliot AKA DJ Cashton from Musical AD&D (Tuesday nights 9 to 10 maybe 11)
In other news I got 100% on my psych midterm. Ra ra ra! First 100% of any real significance ever.
Also I left a bazooka book in the sub building to be found and someone found it and emailed me and said it was strangely engrossing and called them vignettes. I didn’t know wehat that meant so I looked it up and I quite like it as a description. More appropriate than poems, because most of them really aren’t poems. Here’s the def for those of you who, like me, didn’t know what that meant.

Vignette:
A decorative design placed at the beginning or end of a book or chapter of a book or along the border of a page.
An unbordered picture, often a portrait, that shades off into the surrounding color at the edges.

A short, usually descriptive literary sketch.
A short scene or incident, as from a movie.
tr.v. vi·gnet·ted, vi·gnet·ting, vi·gnettes
To soften the edges of (a picture) in vignette style.
To describe in a brief way.

[French, from Old French, diminutive of vigne, vine (from the use of vine tendrils in decorative borders). See vine.]

Rock and roll folks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt X said...

Hey bro. Longtime no see. We should do something sometime soon. Congrats on the show. How's your program going? I'm anxious to see your stuff man, I'm all a tingly. Be sure to take pictures of some of it and post it up here. (You know, like I'm supposed to be doing with my stuff. heh) Anyway, drop me a line.


P.S. Go see V for Vendetta, it's awesome.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Чтобы утреннего позитива мне достаточно прочитать пару постов в моей любимой рубрике на вашем блоге [url=http://tutledy.ru/zhenshchina-i-muzhchina/101-kakiye-zhenshchiny-nravyatsya-muzhchinam.html]какие женщины нравятся мужчинам[/url]

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home