Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dead Presidents

I found these quotes today and i found them to be failry uplifting, well the "press on" one i liked a lot.
It's funny to think that presidents and polititians in general used to be intelligent and had words of wisdom and everything they said wasn't a "you might be a redneck if. . ." joke.

What a world, what world.


"We do not need more intellectual power, we need more moral power. We do not need more knowledge, we need more character. We do not need more government, we need more culture. We do not need more law, we need more religion. We do not need more of the things that are seen, we need more of the things that are unseen. If the foundation be firm, the foundation will stand."

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

"Collecting more taxes than absolutely necessary is legalized robbery."

"I have noticed that nothing I never said ever did me any harm."

Calvin Coolidge

I bet Calvin Coolidge was never almost assassinated by a pretzel.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...presidents and polititians in general used to be intelligent and had words of wisdom and everything they said wasn't a 'you might be a redneck if...' joke."

I beg to differ... and the more intelligent they was, the more sly they was.

"A fox and a wolf are both canine, both belong to the dog family. Now you take your choice. You going to choose a Northern dog or a Southern dog? Because either dog you choose I guarantee you you’ll still be in the dog house."

-- Malcolm X

Sometimes we so quick to "run from the growling wolf, [and flee] into the open jaws of the 'smiling' fox."

1:52 PM  
Blogger bazooka radio said...

I don't totally disagree with you on that Joey, and I don't know the whole stoy on Mr. Coolidge but I do know he was the president who gave Native Americans the right to vote and did a fair amount of other decent things I can't remember. Maybe he did soem bad stuff too, I dunno.

Not everyone is a wolf or a fox, soem people are alright.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course not "everyone" is a fox or a wolf. But, IMHO, the presidents were ;o). There are some key things I would need to see before I would ever favor a president of the USA. So to me... they are all a part of the problem. Sorry.

Despite that... good quotes.

8:20 AM  
Blogger bazooka radio said...

Agreed dude.

I don't know who said this quote but:

"Anyone who wants to run the country, shouldn't be allowed to run the country."

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That's a great quote! I'll try and find out who said that.

Later

11:19 AM  
Blogger Etienne said...

"I have noticed that nothing I never said ever did me any harm."

I beg to differ. I can think of several instances where I have regretted my silence.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home