Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The End of an Era

Howdy folks,
As some of you may know or may not know my radio show Bazooka Radio and my most excellent friend Curtis' show Gamma Radio have been cancelled for little to no reason. Well, I wasn't given a reason but Curtis was told that CJMQ was no longer playing "hard" music because there wasn't demographic in the Eastern Townships to support such shows. Gamma Radio was a "hard" music show so that left him with few options. Curtis and I are understandably upset and the way this was handled was pretty unprofessional. I haven't talked to the directors yet because I'm mad and I don't want to cause any trouble. I'm currently in the process of finding out what the best course of action is to "fight for our rights" so to speak. Any suggestions would be appreciated. But for now if you could send an email to the station director (Maureen Teasdale, the person who cancelled us) asking what happened to our shows to:
mdillon12md@yahoo.ca

we would really appreciate it. Just something like, "hey what happened to Bazooka/Gamma Radio? I liked that/those show(s)." Just a simple note is fine. Anything even slightly antagonistic will probably be replied to with threats or an initiation to a fight or some such ridiculous thing so that's your own prerogative. So if you know anyone who enjoyed our shows or any show that played punk/hardcore/metal music please send them this email as well and write in and ask where all the good music went. Let them know there IS a demographic in the Eastern Townships for music that isn't lame and that they can't just cancel radio shows because they don't particularly like the dj.

Thanks very much, we appreciate any help at all,
Chris

p.s. I may, in the future look into getting a show on a Sherbrooke indie station if nothing good comes out of the CJMQ deal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man....

This is Matt (think: ex-CJMQ Music Director/DJ Rep/President of the Board, blah blah blah/neu co-creator of the Poutine Press).

I'm really sorry to hear about your show. You've been doing that for a LONG time and I cannot believe that they did this to you. I really can't say I am surprised, though.

I'd love to talk to you further about this - with suggestions and such. Send me an e-mail at matthewsigal@gmail.com.

Matt.

PS: Do they have ANY DJs left there?

10:47 PM  
Blogger Nothing more to say... said...

That really sucks! First thing I would do is find out why they canned your show...

Will definately send out that email.

I mean geeze they were getting free dj service!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home