Thursday, October 06, 2005

Likeness practice


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



This is a drawing I did of my college student card that was o nthe table. I'm trying to get better at doing drawings that actually look like people and with a little expression instead of a dead pan looking right at you kind of thing because when you think about it what good is that? NO GOOD! So  Ithought this one turned out pretty well. The mouth is a little wonky but my mouth is a little wonky in real life i nthis picture too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor Gang said...

At the risk of sounding like the pedagogue I am, I can see many ways for you to improve your technique of drawing, especially things like faces and known objects. Turn the original upside down, and draw it that way, upside down. Then you will not be so tempted to draw what you know, but rather what you see. I didn’t make this up, by the way; it is an exercise from the book Drawing off the Left, or something like that, which I tried when I took a drawing class at Bishop’s. You’ll find the results to be very surprising. Good work.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home